What our customers say
Phil and Barbara were very welcoming the accommodation and food are both superb wonderful atmosphere and pleasantly situated with plenty to do in the area
Ty’n Cellar Farm: the perfect South Wales getaway
Bed & Breakfast:
This warm bed-and-breakfast in a converted 16th-century stone barn is 1.6 miles from Margam Country Park and 2.8 miles from the Pyle And Kenfig Golf Club.
The 6 rooms are decorated in a quaint country style with floral quilts, exposed beams, and wooden floors made of reclaimed pine. All rooms come with en suite bathrooms, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffeemaking equipment.
Cooked breakfast is served in a cosy dining room with a brick wall nook. The garden has a paddock with a BBQ and seating, and there are also vegetable gardens and livestock. Secure bike and sports equipment storage, plus a bike wash are also available.
Cosy, recently renovated cottages that have retained their character and charm:
Choose from a variety of historic buildings, including a Grade II listed barn which has been lovingly refurbished into a 2 bedroom self-catering holiday cottage. It has retained many of its original 1880’s characteristics including all of the original beams in the bedrooms.
In the area:
Tyn Cellar Farm is the ideal base for exploring the beautiful South Wales coastline and countryside. Some of the amenities and places of interest include:
- Margam Park: with its Orangery, historic castle, children’s play area, park and acres of rolling grounds, this wonderful attraction is just one mile away, the perfect place for weddings.
- Beaches: Our nearest beach resort to Tyn Cellar is Porthcawl with its funfair and surf school at the Blue Flag beach at Rest Bay.
- Kenfig Nature Reserve: just a 5 minute drive away is the beautiful Kenfig Nature Reserve and its SSTI site. The site includes expansive sand dunes and the Kenfig Pool, Glamorgan’s largest lake. It’s a great place for wildlife with many water loving birds visiting the lake. If you’re luck enough to visit in May and June, the reserve is carpeted with wild orchids.
- Cardiff and the Millennium Stadium: just 20 miles away by road or you can catch a train at Pyle station.
- Swansea Bay and the Mumbles: is 15 minutes away and if you follow around to the beautiful Gower coast and Rhossili Bay it will take you 45 minutes.
- The Afan Forest: If you are feeling adventurous you can go mountain biking in Afan Forest (bike hire is available at Afan).
- The Brecon Beacons: Or why not go to the Brecon Beacons and go hiking up Pen-y-Fan.
- Other places of interest include:
- Aberdulais Falls
- Big Pit
- Dan yr Ogof Caves and Dinosaur Park
- Penderyn Whisky Distillery
- Horse riding on the beach at Ogmore by Sea