Around and about Tyn Cellar
There is much more to staying at Tyn Cellar than a restful holiday. We are ideally located for access to a wide range of sporting and leisure activities in the area. keep an eye on the blog post for upcoming events and activities so you can book self catering accommodation for your family, group or club with us.
Choose from a wide range of Golf clubs within a few minutes drive of Tyn Cellar Self catering cottages. Taking part in a golf tournament or just looking for a golf holiday in Swansea. Tyn Cellar Self catering cottages are ideally located for the following golf clubs.
- Royal Porthcawl Golf club 01656 782251
- Pyle and Kenfig Golf club 01656 783093
- The Grove Golf club 01656 788771
- Southerndown Golf club 01656 880476
- Measteg Golf club 01656 734106
- St Mary’s Golf club Pencoed 01656 861100
- Pontardawe Golf club 01792 863118
- Neath Golf club 01639 632759
Some of the best mountain biking centres are based within 15 minutes of Tyn Cellar self catering cottages. Stay at Tyn Cellar and test your metal in the following mountain bike centres.
- Afan Argoed Forest 01639 850564
- Cycle Hire 01639 851406
- Glyncorrwg mountain bike centre
With wide open spaces, woodlands and long sandy beaches where you can canter in the surf, try horse riding at one of the local stables.
- Ogmore by Sea 01656 880856
- Clyne (Swansea) 01792 403333
- Gower 01792 390554
- Cimla (Neath) 01639 644944
If you want to choose your own pace then there are a number of excellent walking routes that start with a short drive or you can leave from Tyn Cellar and create your own route through the Kenfig nature reserve and the quiet open beaches of Swansea Bay. Pick up the Wales Coastal path and start the 1050 mile round Wales walk… you don’t have to do it in one day!
- Gorge walking 07815 784122
- Ross on Wye 07854 819142
Rest Bay in Porthcawl, only ten minutes drive away is well known for its surf and surfing school.
Blow away the cobwebs-hang ten
Porthcawl Surf School Porthcawl